You are not alone.
Medicine can be demanding on relationships and it is easy to feel overwhelmed with:
- the demanding schedule
- new locations
- sacrifices of time, finances, youth, and energy.
Please know that you are not alone.
Hi, I'm Lara McElderry, and I have been down this path for twenty years with my five boys and multiple moves. I get this journey first hand.
This is THE membership to provide you with resources and support, which will help you find connections, get down-to-earth advice, and have support during your medical journey.
This membership is specifically designed for partners of doctors who feel like medicine is overshadowing their relationship and their personal goals.Join Now
When you work with me you learn how to let your partner succeed without feelings of resentment.
I'll teach you how to think and feel differently, and how to take step by step actions to feel more empowered and less at the mercy of medicine.
The Married To Doctors Membership is the only program of its kind that gives you:
- cognitive coaching tools through the lens of a physician spouse
- genuine connection
- a non-judgmental setting
- the right balance between understanding and supportive encouragement to change for the better
Lara McElderry is absolutely brilliant. She's thoughtful and insightful. As a physician on the front lines of COVID, always trying to do more to help and treat patients, Lara reminded me that it was okay to be human and feel sadness. I would recommend Lara's coaching one hundred times over and will definitely be coming back."
"Coaching with Lara was the thing I didn't know I needed. I feel lighter having gotten things off my chest that I didn't know were weighing on me. She was honest with me, made me be okay with feeling uncomfortable, asked the right questions, and then gave me the tools to work through everything."
I invite you to join my monthly group coaching program beginning January of 2022! You will learn:
- How to improve your positivity rate in incremental, doable ways.
- Create new goals and see possibilities that didn't exist before.
- Manage your home and relationship with more patience.
- Not feel guilty about who you are and the decisions you make for yourself and your family.
You'll have access to:
- Monthly topic calls presenting the latest ideas from positive psychology, applied to medical families.
- Weekly live support calls with a certified coach and family expert to get answers to personal situations.
- Bonus library full worksheets and short workbooks for your personal use.
You have no shortage of love, but you are done with the hard feelings towards your spouse's career.
Perhaps you relate to some of the following:
The reason this feels hard to you isn't because something is wrong with you.
It's because the medical system isn't set up to support spouses or families.
It has only one job: train a doctor and get him or her practicing medicine.
We live in a society that respects physicians. No one is there seeing you behind the scenes and the silent sacrifices you've made.
But I see you and I know many of the challenges you face.
And I also know that you can find success for YOU and for the good of your relationship.
I'm here to be your coach and help you begin to make incremental changes that have BIG results.
What have you got to lose? Here is what happens when you join:
- You’ll instantly get a confirmation email and on January 1, access to the Married to Doctors members portal.
- I’ll then send you the Married to Doctors monthly calendar of live classes and coaching calls so that you can start to plan your next action steps. You can be coached on anything, not just the monthly topic during these calls.
- You can show up, participate, and start to see the changes you've wanted for a long time!
Are you a joy thief? Come learn more about how our words matter. Learn about repair attempts and how to fight like you love each other.
Let's get curious about what is possible for you this year. How can you believe in success despite past failures? But what if you aren't sure what you want anymore? Don't worry, I've got you.
How do we resolve differences and frustrations around sex without causing bigger problems in our marriage? We cover it all this month.